Use CSV if you want to import more than one contact and start communicating with your customers using the BusinessChat platform.
If you want to create one contact only, use the create contact feature.
Learn how to import contacts?
If your contacts data is ready, head to the contacts page and select Upload CSV.
Now, use the import wizard to complete importing your contacts
Select your CSV file
Your CSV file should include your contact numbers. Follow the tips here to make sure you prepare the file correctly.
Select your CSV file and click upload.
How do we handle duplicate contacts
If the contact number exists, we will update the contact information with the new data. if the contact does not exist, we will create a new contact.
Map the phone number field
Next, you need to check your numbers. We give you a peek preview into the first view numbers. Make sure they are correct.
Then, confirm mapping them to the phone number field, and click next
Organize your contacts
Assign them to groups
You should know the following about groups:
- Contact belong to groups.
- Contact can belong to more than one group.
- Every contact you have belongs to the all contacts group by default.
- Adding a contact to a group does not remove him from other groups
When you upload contacts, you can:
- Add them to an existing group: this action will add the new contacts to the group and keep the old group members within the group. If we find duplicates, the system drops them and keeps the original number only to clean your data.
- Create a new group: organize the newly added contact into a new group.
Remember to give your group a meaningful name so you can remember it later.
Use the Country Code Formatter
If all your numbers are from the same country, the BusinessChat Platform can organize the phone number data. The County Code Formatter will:
- If we find a number that starts with the country code, we will keep it the same
- Add a country code to the other numbers
- Standardize the phone number format by removing special characters, dots, and parentheses, then update it to the standard WhatsApp format.
To enable the Country Code Formatter, check "all contacts are from" and select the country.
For this feature to work correctly, all numbers need to be from the same country, otherwise, it will miss up your data
Add them to your channels
Opt-in is mandatory on WhatsApp. You can message contacts without getting their approval first.
If you get the appropriate consent from customers, We will help register their numbers as opt-in contacts under your WhatsApp number.
First, select the WhatsApp number that they have subscribed to.
Confirm that you for the required approval from your customers. Then click Import Contacts to finalize the import.
You are ready
You're all set. You will receive an en email once your import is ready.
You will find your group on the left side under the contacts page.