Interactive messages give your customers a more straightforward way to find and select what they want from your business on WhatsApp. During testing, chatbots using interactive messaging features achieved significantly higher response rates and conversions than text-based ones.
Types of interactive messages:
- List Messages: Messages include a menu of up to 10 options. This type of message offers a simpler and more consistent way for users to make a selection when interacting with a business.
- Reply Buttons: Messages including up to 3 options —each option is a button. This type of message offers a quicker way for users to select from a menu when interacting with a business. Reply buttons have the same user experience as interactive templates with buttons.
Why should we use interactive messages?
Compared to text-based lists, interactive messages provide a more straightforward and consistent format for people to find and select what they want from a business. In addition, during testing, people had higher comprehension levels interacting with these features.
During testing, chatbots using interactive messaging features achieved significantly higher response rates and conversions than text-based ones.
Populated dynamically in real-time and personalized to the customer or situation. For example, you can show a List message of available time slots for appointment booking or use Reply buttons to show previous delivery addresses.
Interactive Messages do not require templates or pre-approvals.
When should we use interactive messages?
List Messages are best for presenting several options, such as:
- A customer care or FAQ menu
- A take-out menu
- Selection of nearby stores or locations
- Available reservation times
- Choosing a recent order to repeat
Reply Buttons are best for offering quick responses from a limited set of options, such as:
- Choosing a payment method
- Reordering a previous order
- Requesting a return
- Adding optional extras to a food order
- Changing personal details
How to use interactive messages?
Our chatbot designers will include interactive messages in your bot design by default, based on the user flow and best practices.